Sunday 13 March 2011

Most Glamour-ous Doughnut

Another exciting discovery in Manchester this weekend was a visit to a Krispy Kreme shop! Aside from the concessions in shopping malls and even the odd Tesco Metro, this was a real insight into lifestyle of the brand. The store itself had black and white images illustrating how doughnuts were manufactured in bakeries. The seated area at the rear of the store was brightly coloured with leather cushioned seats and white varnished tables. It had a real 1950s vibe.



The POS which caught my eye was promoting a collaboration between Krispy Kreme and Glamour magazine. They have worked together to create a new design for the ring-shaped doughnut with a distincly girly and shimmery pink glaze. I must say the icing made me think, "That's the perfect nail varnish colour!" which I think it a little removed from the "Mmmm that looks delicious, I must devour NOW" reaction they had hoped for!

This was a really surprising collaboration to see which reminded me of a 2nd year project we undertook named "Swap Shop". We had to select two brands which could work together to create a new product and increase brand awareness for both parties. Being the shoe-fiend I am, I opted for Faith Shoes (R.I.P) and Scholls Party Feet. The motivation was to improve comfort for the wearer and the justification was that these are two complimentary products which tend to be purchased together. The execution was to create a new range which fitted the gel pads into the lining of the shoe so that the consideration to comfort was more prominent.

Perhaps a little more straight-laced than Krispy Kreme's recent undertaking, but the healthier option!

No comments:

Post a Comment