Sunday 3 January 2010

Beautiful & Glossy

There is something about fashion magazines that get me all excited like butterflies in my stomach. Whether it is too many episodes of Sex and the City and wanting to live Carrie Bradshaw's life and in particular writing a column for a New York newspaper and in her spare time sitting reading Vogue in her beautiful Manhattan apartment. Last year at university I got into the habit of walking to the Student Express shop every Sunday to buy a couple of newspapers, a glossy fashion magazine and a weekly. It was the perfect Sunday!

Last Christmas I was very kindly given a year subscription to Elle and Harper's Bazaar. I'm not quite managing Carrie Bradshaw's lifestyle just yet and now have a pile of about ten unopened magazines which I feel like I am failing in some way. I resolved that 2010 would be the year when I can save a few pennies and make my way through the piles of magazines (including International publications which my parents have brought back from various holidays abroad) was short lived. Come the 2nd of January I checked my bank account only to see that National Magazine had debited my account by £15. Which of the monthly publications I shall be receiving I do not know but either Elle or Harper's Bazaar will be dropping on my doormat within the next week or so and I have to say, I'm very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment