Wednesday 6 January 2010

Becoming Country Bumpkins


My parent's imminent move to the beautiful East Sussex countryside got me to thinking how fashion can be dictated by our geography, I have started to see how high fashion takes both the garments and setting for inspiration. There is the practical element of course which the country requires of you and whilst crunching through the snow and walking the grounds in freezing temperatures I was very grateful for my wellington boots and duffel coat! (Although one day I hope these to be 'Barbour jacket and Hunter wellies')

My favourite fashion shoot which encapsulates the eccentricity of the countryside features Emma Watson in Teen Vogue.

"Shot in and around an old English Country manor, the styling reflects the attitude of the new, more mature Watson that we have recently grown accustomed to." (Teen Vogue, 2009)

Not only is Watson absolutely stunning, I love the colour contrast between her colourful and texturised outfits against the hazy landscape settings.





No comments:

Post a Comment