Tuesday 29 June 2010

Lily Lewis...my favourite discovery amongst the vintage collection

I've heard you're either a hat person or you're not! Luckily for me, I am. Obviously it can't be down to genetics because both my mother and father tend to steer clear of hats at all cost. It was at the Frock Me vintage fair I visited back in Easter (2010) at Chelsea Town Hall where I came across the young designer Lily Lewis. Her stand stood out by a mile; an array of hats and head-pieces relating to different time periods. My favourite were the 1920s cloche hats and one in particular which was royal blue and featured peacock feathers as the decoration.

I even stretched my budget to purchase a hand-made headband of black velvet decorated with a beautiful black and white chinese bird feather. The cost may have been high but the compliments make it totally worth it!

Check out her designs at: www.lilylewis.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment