Friday 26 June 2009

Ripped Jeans

I am absolutely loving that this trend is back! So glad I can wear my fadded Levi ripped jeans! I remember buying them about four years ago and spending £70 seemed like a lot of money to me, but I was talked into it by The Bf. But luckily I am having enough opportunities to wear them now which certainly makes for "pence per wear".

It is quite hard to get the balance of ripped jeans whilst avoiding the not-too-ripped/DIY look. The pair seen on Katie Price at the airport recently look like a home-made pair. I must admit to attempting this myself before my £70 purchase, however it is really not as easy as you might think. I found it impossible to get the threaded look. A friend of mine unintetionally created her own pair of ripped jeans as a result of bending over in a much-loved and much-worn pair of jeans which couldn't take the tension and split right under her bum cheek! The outrageous thing is she has continued to wear them! Talk about a draft!!

So far, I think the photo of Eva Longoria Parker wearing cropped ripped jeans, stilettos and a nautical striped top looked the best. That's the look I'll be trying to recreate next!

No comments:

Post a Comment