Friday 30 July 2010

Never say romance is dead, it's back and it's dark...

Glossy magazines this week are making a huge hoopla of the new trend to hit the fashion scene: Dark Romance, a twist on the boho vibe from a few summers ago. Whilst I'm personally terrified of thinking about A/W 2010 trends this is simply down to a personal financial crisis seeing as I have to wait another two months until the Student Loan is in. That means a further eight weeks of longing and loving from afar.



The muted tones and real autumnal colours (greens, auburns and browns) will look great on anyone; blond or brunette, tanned or pale. With my monetary dilemma upon me, the best solution I can come up with is looking through my wardrobe and pulling out all the garments I think work under this trend. I'm already thinking I have a khaki green loose fitting pullover and a brown checked waisted skirt. I had been holding onto the latter and saving it from the boot-sale pile where I had discovered it for quite a while, maintaining that one day I would have the time to hem it. But, heck, now I hear that midi-length skirts are back...will I be brave enough to try this? At a mere 5ft 3in, it could be really risky!


Check out Look! magazine's selection of garments for working this new Dark Romance trend: http://www.look.co.uk/pictures/shop-the-trend-dark-romance/topshop-dark-techno-maxi-dress-%C2%A360

No comments:

Post a Comment