Saturday 14 December 2013

A Windy Wednesday

A case of right place, right time on Wednesday evening as I was invited at the last minute by my Aunt and Uncle to see The Wind in the Willows at the Duchess Theatre. 


Standing outside waiting for them to arrive just off the Strand, I happened to spot Will Young arrive with friends for the performance! So I was in good company. We had amazing seats in the Stalls!


The performance, starring Tony Robinson as the narrator and the beautiful Will Kemp (inset; pic from programme) it was a clever combination of dance, mime and story-telling. Starting at 7pm it was pitched perfectly accessible to younger members of the audience whilst still captivating us adults.

A very clever use of props and staging, combined with the most incredible facial expressions of Ratty, Badger, Mole and, of course, the infamous Mr Toad, it was lovely to be reminded of this famous childhood story. 


I would highly recommend going!!

No comments:

Post a Comment