Saturday 14 December 2013

My New Love

Fuelled by a cross-Channel trip to bonne Paris, my pride and joy these days is a beautifully stocked and displayed cheese board. At a recent dinner party, in which I was delegated responsibility for dessert and wine, I made a somewhat controversial decision to substitute sugar for dairy. That's your prerogative right? My course, my choice! 

My beautiful creation below was an absolute hit. Thanks to an amazing newspaper offer for Waitrose, it's wasn't too dear either. With the decoration of red and green grapes and a side dish of olives and sundrieds tomatoes plus featuring my new favourite, blue cheese, I realised this offering was a defining moment. Gone are the days of Babybell and Boursin - I'm now a hardcore cheese lover. The smellier the better! (Unless it's the Brie that's been in your fridge for a few months)...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment