Tuesday 17 December 2013

Friends & Food

For a group of young twenty-something girls, there are three main pleasures in a girly get-together; gossip, giggles and grub. Having promised myself a calorie-free weekend (mistake this not to mean a low-calorie intake, but just a guilt-free, turn your head the other way kind of an attitude to over indulging) whilst visiting a friend in Birmingham, I made the most of it from the off.  I won't even divulge the train journey snacking escapades but it started like this...

I can always blame alcohol for bad food judgements. I feel bad thinking back to it now so let's just skip to late Friday evening...

This was a very good friend indeed I was visiting, one who knew to stock up on Doritos & dip (main course) and Minstrels & wine (dessert) - a diet that got me through my dissertation - for my arrival.

The next morning, I awoke to the stomach rumbling wafts of bacon flowing up the stairs. And just like they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I'd like to throw out the notion that a good breakfast is much the test of a good friendship. Check out what an amazing friend I have (never guess she's a feeder would you?) 


Within five hours of digesting this, I was 30 miles better travelled, the car was one friend heavier and we had left the suburbs for the midlands countryside. Settled in front of a beautiful open fire, us four girls got to the gossip and giggles...


...and without much of an appetite, my inner Burger Babe could not resist the Angus steak burger on the menu. 


YUM-MY!

At this point I'll breeze over the takeaway I had that night and just skip to the satisfied nights sleep I had that night (praying not for a heart attack!)

So on reflection I feel kinda gross but every mouthful was well and truly enjoyed! I'm now writing this Monday night and glad that I haven't had dinner tonight (but that's a whole other post in itself!)

No comments:

Post a Comment